The Kenai Soil & Water Conservation District partners with Kenai Feed & Supply to make its inventory of specialized farming equipment available to Cooperators and other Kenai Peninsula producers. On this page you will find information about the equipment, rental policies, and how to make a reservation.
Equipment for Potatoes and Root Crops
Single-row potato planter, multi-purpose digger, drum washer
Small Equipment & Hand Tools
Broadfork, Broadcast spreader, Backpack sprayer, 45-gallon tow-behind sprayer, Chicken Plucker/Scalder, Post driver-Gas Powered
Small Tractor Implements — Soil preparation and planting
5′ tiller, pre-bedder/disc harrow, spring tooth harrow, chisel plow, bed row shaper, plastic mulch/drip tape layer, vegetable/flower planter
Large Tractor Implements — Soil preparation and planting
Meri Crusher, Brillion seeder, no-till planter, manure spreader. Note: These implements require a District-approved operator.
Equipment Rental Policies
- District Cooperators have priority when there are competing requests to reserve equipment on the same day(s). See Membership for information on becoming a Cooperator.
- Equipment will be rented for use only on the Kenai Peninsula.
- A signed rental agreement and deposit are required prior to rental. Driver’s license and proof of insurance are required to rent any District trailers.
- The equipment will be clean and in working order when rented. It is the responsibility of the lessee to return the equipment in the same condition: clean and working.
- Cleaning fees will be charged on any equipment not returned clean of debris, mud, crop residue, etc..
- Repair costs for any damage will be charged to the lessee after the equipment has been repaired, or charges will be assessed based upon estimated repair costs from a local vendor.
- Late returns will result in late fees.
How to Make a Reservation
To make a reservation, call Kenai Feed at (907) 283-1929. Kenai Feed is located at Mile 14.5 Kalifornsky Beach Road in Kenai.