Kenai Soil & Water is helping contain the spread of invasive plants through its gravel certification program in partnership with Alaska Division of Agriculture and the Alaska Plant Materials Center.
- Seward Middle School, Saturday, June 30, 11 am – 1 pm
- Free lunch, t-shirts & prizes for volunteers. Gloves provided.
- Why pull weeds? Introduced weeds are spreading rapidly. Let’s smack ’em down before they win.
- What are the benefits? Fewer weeds means better habitat for fish, moose & other animals.
- Fresh air, exercise and fun competition. Form a team or come alone and join a team!
- Sponsored by the partner agencies of the Kenai Peninsula Cooperative Weed Management Area including the Kenai SWCD.
- For more information & registration: Cheryl Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org, 260-0129, or Jen Kain at email@example.com.
Refuge Notebook article on Kenai Peninsula efforts to contol invasive plants: Brush the Invaders Off Your Boots